Monday, October 26, 2009

LSU Reax: Oh the Humanity

This about sums it up*.

I had a bad feeling this might happen. The fatigue, LSU's week off, superior depth and talent. Yet I still expected more of a fight. I had no idea we'd get absolutely dominated by LSU.

What really bugs me is looking around the league, teams with new coaches seem to have gotten better. Tennessee is vastly improved. Mississippi St. played Florida off its feet.

And Auburn is worse. Much worse. We knew there would be struggles this year, growing pains,etc. But this team seems to have imploded, like nothing I have ever seen before.

Sure there are injuries, depth issues, scholarship atrition, but none of us expected to see this. None of us expected to get blown out from wire to wire. It is disturbing to say the least.

Like Rob, I do not think it is time to jump ship. I do think even after the great first 5 games Chris Todd played, it is time to give Neil Caudle a look.

Defensively, I don't even know where to begin. Little pass rush, too much cushion, poor tacklng. This is the worst Auburn defense I have ever seen. Hands down.

Special teams. Was that a sky kick that wasn't so sky on the kickoffs? What has happened to Durst?

So in summary, other than offense, defense, and special teams, I guess we are Ok.

Looks like I may get to watch Auburn at Legion Field again, in the Papa Johns pizza bowl. Oh Joy.

*Hindenberg was to me the best way to describe the season so far. Open to other suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.papajohnsbowl.com/bowl-tickets.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brett. Something tells me I can by them at the gate if I decide to go. :)

    ReplyDelete