Monday, November 21, 2011

Samford Reax-Yaaawwwnnn.


The name? Because it most assuredly wasn't.

Sorry no preview from Friday. Unlike my esteemed colleague, I blew off work to get my new boat in the water. It took all day. I happened to like the boat so much I spent Saturday on it doing some touch ups and listening to the game on the radio.

I won't lie. The first half made me want to climb the mast and jump off. But Auburn eventually wore down the scrappy Bulldogs, much in part due to Michael Dyer's 30+ carries, because it's a good idea to get your star running back 30+ carries the week before you play the best defense in the country.

Our big uglies have some work to do if we are to stay in the game with Alabama. I haven't seen much improvement over the course of the season in the offensive or defensive lines. I think that has been the most dissapointing thing to me for 2011, we just haven't gotten better.

So we all know what this week is. We have the talent to give Bama all they want. The question is-will we? More to come later this week.

Until then, may the wind always be at your back and may the seas rise to meet you.

1 comment:

  1. Auburn will have to come about. Tac through a sea of red and use its' compass to navigate to the end zone. The apparent wind is negative. Just remember red right returning the bammer scores and send the tide to Davey Jone's locker.

    ReplyDelete