Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dr. Z's UGA Roadkill Review


Run over on the road

I've been dreading this review ever since Saturday. Forgive my tardiness. Call it shock or PTSD, but it took me a while to figure out what to say here. So let me try...

We stunk Saturday. How's that?

I've watched quite a few AU stinkers over the years, mostly with one Thomas H. Tuberville at the helm. But I have never seen an egg laid as horribly as the one I saw Saturday.

I can't even fathom what went wrong? Are we that bad? Is UGA all of a sudden the Green Bay Packers? We have a long way to go, for sure, but I expected more out of this group of talented young players. I expected them to compete.

Now the Auburn fam is faced with a whole new set of questions. Is this the new norm for our Tigers? Did Newton and Fairley mask a whole host of problems lying under the surface? Who will our quarterback be in 2012? Did our better than expected October give us false hope about a young team just trying to find an identity?

As for the answers to all these questions pointing us in a crooked line*, I have none. It's been a frustrating year. We all kind of knew it would be, and hopefully, it will make us hungrier in 2012.

And I don't care how many we lose, or how bad we lose them, it's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

*I admit it. Thanks to my wife, I have become an Indigo Girls fan. Tear up my man card if you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment